Your right to privacy and data protection is a priority
You can rest assured that we are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and we will only ever use this information in accordance with the following policy.
You can change your mind with regard to us contacting you at any time. You can stop our communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01482 590270.
What we do with the information we gather:
All of the information you supply enables us to analyse which organisations are using our services and to discover if the HEY Smile Foundation can offer you any further assistance. All information submitted will be kept confidential.
How we collect data, and from where?
There are multiple ways in which we obtain data. This can be face-to-face, electronically, via paper, or verbally. This information comes to us:
- Directly when you contact us regarding our activities, or you sign up to an event.
- Via an external organisation, for example via Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving when you are fundraising for Smile. These websites only share your data with Smile when you consent to it.
- From Social Media if your settings allow your data to be shared via apps which you are using.
If you provide personal data to us relating to any person other than yourself, you must ensure before you do so that they understand how their personal data will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf. We will regularly review our partners to ensure that they are compliant with GDPR.
The data we collect:
The type of personal data we collect, and how we use it will depend on why you’ve provided your data to us. The general information we hold will be name, email address and/or telephone number. Where appropriate, we may also ask for:
- How you heard about Smile, or the particular event or delivery option.
- Health related information if needed for events to make sure you are able to take part
- Any payment details provided directly to Smile are destroyed after the single transaction they were provided for.
Photography and videography:
Due to the nature of our work, we capture many still images and videos to further promote fundraising activities and objectives of HEY Smile Foundation. These images and videos will be used across the HEY Smile Foundation website and social media platforms. You can at any point request for your images or videos, in which you are independently visible, to not to be used in this way. Images and Videos will be removed from our storage after three years.
How we will use your personal data
- Charity regulation. To comply with our obligations charity.
- The Vault: To ensure we continue to provide a service of hiring out items to charities and community groups. We will from time to time contact you regarding The Vault with information such as new items, opening time changes, etc. All communications will be in relation to The Vault or the information provided by the individual when responding.
- Grant Mechanisms: To provide the service as per all external contracts.
- Administration: To be able to communicate with you in relation to events when you have signed up, or in relation to any Smile services which you are using/benefitting from.
- Gift Aid: We will keep gift aid related information for the 3 years as required by HMRC. Following these three years, all personal data is destroyed.
- Personnel: To provide an efficient and correct service as HEY Smile Foundation, the employer to all employees and volunteers.
- Fraud prevention: To detect and reduce fraud.
- Profiling: To create an individual profile for you (including analysing demographic and geographic information) so that we can enhance your experience and relationship with us, understand and respect your preferences and to provide information and details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them
Updating and amending your personal data:
If you use the Fundraising Preference Service to withdraw consent to receiving direct marketing, we will amend our records accordingly. You can contact us at any time to update or amend your personal data at the below details. Please always include your full name, and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We will normally keep all personal data for a maximum of three years from your last proactive engagement with us. After this time, we will then take this as an indication that you no longer want to receive communications from HEY Smile Foundation. We expect to contact you at least every three years to ensure you are still happy to hear from us according to the preferences you have provided to us.
We have always been committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required to do so by law.
You may also request further details on the personal information we have of yours under the General Data Protection Regulation (came into effect, May 2018).
Your individual rights:
You have a number of legal rights in respect of your personal data. These include:
- Withdraw consent to direct marketing: You can exercise this right at any time and can update your preferences yourself or ask us to do it for you via the below contact details.
- Rectification: If you consider any of your personal data is inaccurate, you can correct it yourself or ask us to do it for you via the below contact details.
- Withdraw consent to other processing: Where the only legal basis for our processing your personal data is that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time and we will have to stop processing your personal data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
- Access: The right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal data you provide to us. We will require proof of identity and proof of authority if the request comes from someone other than the person whose data we are asked to provide. This will ensure we only provide information to the correct person. We normally expect to respond to requests within 30 days of receiving them.
- Restriction: In limited circumstances you may be able to require us to restrict our processing of your personal data. For example, if you consider what we hold is inaccurate and we disagree, the processing may be restricted until the accuracy has been verified.
- Erasure: Where we have no lawful basis for holding onto your personal data you can ask us to destroy all data in relation to your individual name.
- Portability: In limited circumstances you may be entitled to have the personal data you have provided to us sent electronically to you for you to provide to another organisation.
- Complaints: We would ask you to make all complains to the chairman of HEY Smile Foundation in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response provide, we would the direct your complaint to the relevant body:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to contact us:
HEY Smile Foundation
c/o Gosschalks Solicitors
T: 01482 590270